Sunday, July 19, 2009

Viva le France et Rouen!

So the time I've been waiting for has arrived! I'm over in Europe! :)

First flight(s)
-My first flight was delayed by an hour. Sucked then, but it made it perfect timing for the second flight.
-The turbulence/landing/departure from the ground made me fear for my life. It was one of those thrill moments where I enjoyed it at the same time. Love/hate relationship I tell ya...
-I'm so happy that I had aisle seats both flights. I forget where I'm sitting on my way home.
-I loved watching outside the windows. The clouds were amazingly beautiful. When I first looked out the window, I saw nothing but white clouds. They looked like mounts of mountains covered in snow. It's what I imagined Antartica to look like. haha. When we were landing in France, the clouds were big and puffy. They reminded me of cotton candy. I wanted to lay in them and take a nap.
-I also realized that i brought way too much crap that I wasn't going to use on the flight. (IE: 6 magazines, 4 books, nintendo ds, soduku games. haha) The only thing i really used was my ipod. Ill remember this for next time. I also tried out the games on the plane. The graphics were horrible, but it was a game.

France:
-I was in Charles De Gaulle airport for awhile. It was pretty cool. A bit confusing, a long way from where my plane landed.
-The drive to Rouen was wonderful. I saw so many fields and trees. It was breathtaking. In a way it reminded me of Pa with less extremes of hills.
-I then fell asleep for an hour. (mind you, the only sleep I've had in 2 days.)
-I woke up when my ipod's battery died. When I opened my eyes we had just entered Rouen. It's so cool. So many cathedrals. And oh my! The Hotel is amazing. More on that later, with pictures....
-Then I wandered the streets by myself. Not many stores were open on suday as it was 3 pm, but i could still browse the windows. Then i met my group back at the hotel for a group tour of Rouen. He recommended an amazing restaurant, which 7 of us stopped and grabbed a table. The waiter was funny, and I'm glad that he put up with our american asses that can't speak french. He was very nice though. My meal consisted of: Escargo as an apetizer, pepsi, and Croquet-Madame. Both were good. I'll elaborate more when I'm not so tired haha.

-Then I went and wandered by myself some more.
-Then Once I had enough of that, I went back to the hotel to unpack.
-While I was unpacking, I wanted to get my laptop connected to Wi-Fi. The only problem was, it was under a password. Easy, right? Go ask the professor? Yeah, he was out eating. haha. So I conjured up a plan! I didn't want to butcher the language, so I wrote everying out on a piece of paper. haha. correctly, because I used my mad French book skills! I walked up to her and was like 'Excuse moi....' and handed it to her. She read it, and gave me the code. Everytime I see her, she smiles at me. Not sure if thats good, or bad. lol.
-Then I went and wandered some more...
-Then it started raining, and I got soaked. I slowly walked back to the hotel, enjoying every wet moment. :)
-Somewhere along the way, I saw a dead grey kitten. It was sad. I miss my kittens. :(
- I painted my nails when i came back to the hotel while watching tv in French. I have no idea what theyre talking about! Sometimes I pick out a word or two. I get excited.

SO I'm going to have to wrap this post up... I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open!

1 comment:

Irina D. said...

what a nice post :) thumbs up! make sure you have some coffee with crepes there :D

rain you say? i'm sure you'll be fine after our bike ride and your mmm let's say being soaked :D hehe you didn't pack the umbrella did you? hehe

oh yeah i know exactly what you mean about the clouds! but wait until you're coming back - it will be so different and it will be "day" for 24 hours :D well less for you though :)