Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Where has the time gone?!

It seems like just yesterday it was June. I really can't believe it's September. But anyway, I digress.

A lot of things have happened since I last posted:

A-Moved into a new house
B-Transferred to a new school
C-Made some new friends
D-Started school
E-Got a kitten
F-Quit my job

A. So Stephen and I moved from the house that we rented to his parents finished basement. It's nice. Plenty of closet space, and an open floor plan. We divided the large room that you first walk into from the upstairs into two: the living room/seating area and a little nook to read/office space. One of the closets is my painting area. The laundry room is also located downstairs. His parents' washer and dryer are awesome. They're front loaders, which is nice. I enjoy watching the water/clothes spin around. I also enjoy the bathroom. It's about 5 times as big as the one at the other house. That bathroom was not only ugly, but crazy small as well. I'm happy to get away from the 70's brown that had invaded that bathroom- brown sink, brown cabinets, brown toilet, and brown bathtub. Ugh, I never knew that I really disliked brown in the bathroom. (haha, no pun intended.)

Every now and then I get annoyed with living here. Only because it's like living with your parents again, and they're not even my parents. Sometimes I don't get the alone time that I want, but oh well. They mean well. I'm sure they get just as frustrated living with us. haha. The thing that bothers me the most, is the fact that it seems like they don't respect the fact that I don't want the cats to get outside. In fact, a lot of the times they open the door when I'm not home and allow the cats out. I'm not trying to be a terrible person by keeping the cats indoors, I'm trying to keep my cats healthy/protected. The cats don't have their shots and could get any number of illnesses (rabies, feline aids, feline leukemia, fleas, etc.). I don't have the money to take them to the vet and I certainly don't want them to get hurt/die. I understand that the older cats were once outdoor cats, but they are no longer outdoor cats. I don't have the energy to constantly fight to keep them inside when a door is opened. What makes it harder to keep them outside, is if they're let outside. It makes them crave the outdoors just that much more. Oh well. End rant. haha.

B/D. So I graduated from Lakeland in May with my Associate of Arts degree. Doesn't really mean much, as it will not help me get a job. haha. I just figured I would get it so more of my classes would transfer over to another college. I'm currently enrolled at Ursuline for Art Therapy. I have 2 years until I'll have my Bachelors, and 4 years until I'll have my Masters. I'm not sure if I want to get my PHD or not. So far it's been interesting. I'm taking 5 Classes: Abnormal Psych, Metalcrafting, a class on culture, Hebrew Scripture (the old testament), and Christian Theology. I'm not too fond of the religion courses, but that's what I get for going to a private catholic university. haha. It's required for the degree, so I just have to put up with it and learn as much as I can. There's a lot of reading though that I'm not used to. I'm not sure if it's because I was going to a community college or what, but shit. haha. 12 chapters a week seems a little much, especially since most of the chapters are at least 40 pages with 8pt font. Oh well. I'm mainly concerned with the religion courses, since one is an online course. Totally didn't know it was an online course, until the first day of class. *GULP* STUDY POWER!

C. I met this girl while I was working at the photolab at school who mentioned a drum circle that she went to every week. Sounded like good time, so I've been going every Thursday since May. The people are really awesome, and are really fun to chat with and play drums with. I've been learning how to play the doumbek. Steve actually just got me a ceramic one with a goatskin head. It's beautiful, and sounds beautiful, but it's something I'll have to get used to. I had been playing on whatever extra drums were available there, mainly aluminum with synthetic heads. They have a completely different sound. The ones there are also about 4-5 inches wider than the one I have, which makes it easier to play. I'm sure eventually I'll get the hang of it, its just a little frustrating. The glaze colors and carvings on the base is amazing though. It's made by a company called 'Full Circle Drums'. I'd like to get either a Meinl doumbek or a doumbek from Egypt (these are a little expensive), but I'll have to save up for them.

E. I got a new kitten and named him Rosco. He's the most rambunctious kitten I've ever met. Full of piss and vinegar, tons of energy, and crazy playful. I wasn't planning on getting a new kitten, I just had come home one day and Steve's mom said that she had a surprise under her bed. I went to check and it was this cute little kitten. I scooped him up and said 'MINE!' haha. He's adorable, but also I had other motives for doing so. It's probably not my place, but Steve's mom just sold her last dog, and has given away 3 cats after they grew up- All of which I had grown attached to. I just couldn't see another animal brought into the family, raised, and then given to the humane society for some reason. My other 3 cats didn't seem to appreciate bringing in a new family member, especially the baby, Chanel. They now all seem to be adjusting well to Rosco, and have been playing with him. Smokey loves to play with the kitten, the kitten loves to play with Charlies tail, and Chanel just likes to watch the kitten play and be obnoxious.

F. I've seriously been talking about quitting my job for years, and finally just got fed up with the BS that had been going on. It wasn't fair, and I was constantly being harassed every time I walked into the place. So I've been unemployed for a few days. Seems a little strange to me. Just feels like I'm on vacation. haah. I've applied for work at Borders, CVS, and Starbucks so far. I'm really hoping to get a call back soon.

Well, that's it for now. I'm exhausted.

No comments: