Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wonder

Have you ever wondered what things would be like if you didn't exist? How do YOU make a difference in this vast world. What about if you were gone tomorrow?

I know this may seem strange, but lately I've been wondering about it. I'm curious to know how peoples' lives would (or wouldn't) change without my existence. Would people be happy or sad? Would they feel like something was missing? Or would it just be something that they couldn't place. I mean, after all. They would have never met me, known about me, and I'm pretty sure their lives wouldn't be affected.

But what about right now? If I were to disappear, who would truly care? (Besides the obvious) Sometimes it seems as if I'm invisible to people, or that no one would even notice if I were gone. Such as working in the photo lab. I know it's just a job, but people don't even say hello! They walk in and out, right beside me, and not even acknowledge my presence. Even when I say hello to them, they don't respond. It's much like the customers walking through the doors of World Market... And you know that they hear you, they just for whatever reason (may it be them being in their own world, they just didn't hear you, or them just being a jackass) they chose not to respond.

Oh well. Who knows. Who cares, right? (I do...)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Who am I? Nobody..
but, sometimes, accross the oceans, far in the distance, someone suddenly, truly cares about you.
Stay.. cool.

Irina D. said...

everybody is nobody, and at the same time everybody makes a big deal. it's like a jigsaw puzzle - 1 piece is too small not to get the idea of the final image, however it has it's own place and without it the image won't be complete.

and lol about what Jared said applies to me and Mike :)) across the ocean part especially :))