Thursday, March 26, 2009

Heraclitus and face masks....

Haha. I had to incorporate a rather interesting experience I had last night...

Well, I got home from work around 10ish to find that all the lights in the house were on, there was a candle burning, and steve's car in the driveway. Only problem was there was no Steve in sight! So I called him. Phone went to voicemail. So then I'm like, "Hm...". So I called Mike. Phone went to voicemail. I called Irene. Finally it rang, but no answer. lol. I figure he's fine, but I'm still a little confused at this point. So then 10 minutes later, Steve arrives home without free pie for the nico. :(. He said they (Baker's Square) wouldn't give him a piece to take home, and he had no money. It's sad, I know. I was looking forward to free pie. Somehow it always tastes better.

So anyway. Steve started helping me study after I did my nightly stuff. (Ie. washing my face, brushing my teeth...) This time I decided to try this new dead sea mask that I got at CVS the other day. Man, it was relaxing bliss. My face was all calm, cool, and collected as my brain was gathering all this information about Heraclitus, Thales, the numina, and all that jazz. Lovely, right? Just then I see this figure walk past the window and then I see Irina's smiling face staring at me. Uh,oh. I was caught with my mask on! haha. We enjoyed a 15 minutes of laughing about it. But none the less, it was a bit embarrassing. haha. At least we can laugh about it. Who knows, maybe we will have a face mask party someday. :)

1 comment:

Irina D. said...

haha this post gave me another laugh :)) in fact i'm trying not to wake Mike (who is in the other room) with my giggles.

from my point of view it was this: a white face, red band on hair, black shirt. sitting perfectly still. lips don't move only the eyes do sometimes. very concentrated expression. the face looked so bright that it immediately drew attention to itself. i bet that's how people claim they have seen ghosts or anything like that :)) anyway, for you not to be so embarassed, here's a picture of me with a mask :D

(too bad blogger doesn't allow images in comments)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/irina121/3046686676/in/set-72157607407889628/